Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
About Fresh Start Catering
Fresh Start Catering is DC Central Kitchen’s revenue generating social enterprise employing Culinary Job Training program graduates. Fresh Start caters events such as breakfasts, luncheons, and weddings, and features high quality, locally-sourced ingredients. When you do business with Fresh Start Catering, you are directly supporting DC Central Kitchen’s programs and culinary graduates. Visit here for a complete menu.
- Recommended $750 minimum for all orders.
- Orders over $1,200 are subject to an 18% service charge.
- A 50% deposit is required to book events with full payment due upon completion of event.
- Guaranteed numbers must be received at least 5 business days before event.
- In the absence of a DC Sales Tax Exemption form, a 10% sales tax will be applied to all orders.
- To inquire about catering, please visit the order inquiry form or call 202-400-2815.
Great Service, Great Feedback
“I appreciate all that your entire organization works toward and the ideals that are upheld in all you do. Even though I am FULL & satisfied, I still feel I ate healthy, seasonable, sustainable, local ingredients. Eating that way feeds your soul too.”
- Katie Glacken, National Association of County and City Health Officials
“Thanks for a great lunch for today. We had great feedback on the sandwiches, people loved the pickles and the pasta salad was a big hit!”
- Yvonne King, Destination DC
“Fresh Start Catering continues to be our caterer-of-choice for our events!”
- Amy Monsarrat, Conservation International
“What fascinated me about DC Central Kitchen was how charity soon became a thriving business that benefited everyone, especially the marginalized—ex-cons, public school students, and local farmers—and that just by ordering from the right catering company, a person could do right.”
- Zeke Emanuel, The Atlantic