We appreciate all in-kind donations and we encourage you to target your drive or cooking project to one of these items that we need the most:
- Purchase much needed staples for our meals. Use this shopping cart to purchase items that are rarely donated. Our purchasing power with local suppliers will stretch the power of your gift.
- Food drives: We rely on food donations from people like you to prepare and deliver 5,000 meals a day to our partner agencies. Here are Canned Food Drive Guidelines and Holiday Drive Guidelines.
- First Helping: Collect toiletry and clothing items for our street outreach program.
- Healthy Returns: Donate nutritious snacks or prepare them yourself for Healthy Returns, our children’s nutrition program.
- Thanksgiving: Help us provide a Thanksgiving meal for all our clients by donating frozen turkeys and other traditional accompaniments. Here are Thanksgiving guidelines.
- Community Gardens: We’re always looking to increase the amount of fresh produce in our meals and you can help! Here are Community Garden Donation guidelines.
Other items on our on-going wish list include:
- Can openers
- $5.00 gift cards to Safeway, Giant or Target
- Professional Knife kits and individual Chef Knives.
- Chef wear
Donation drop-off Location:
425 2nd Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Drop dates and times:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Holidays: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
You can access the entrance from E Street NW, between 2nd and 1st Streets. The entrance is marked “DC Central Kitchen Entrance” on E Street. Follow the service road through the parking lot and enter the building through the large delivery entrance. The door to the front office will be on the right.
Please ensure that you receive a receipt for your donation as we need to keep track of all food we receive. Donations are tax deductible.
If you need donations to be picked up, please contact us at least 3 days in advance to make arrangements.