2012 has been an incredible year for DC Central Kitchen.
Take a look at some the things we’ve accomplished this year:
- Placed 89% of our culinary graduates into jobs.
- Doubled the amount of fresh produce recovered from 30% to 60% of all food donations.
- Produced 1.96 million balanced meals for partner agencies and 800,000 meals for DC schools.
- Built a new Culinary Classroom and Computer Lab for our Culinary Job Training program.
- Became a certified job training program for the first time.
- Helped 59 chronically homeless men and women secure stable housing.
- Guided 49 chronically homeless men and women into recovery programs, setting them on the road to recovery.
- Pioneered a “wraparound” approach to promoting healthy food in DC neighborhoods by combating food deserts, producing healthy school and after-school meals, and providing nutrition education.
- Achieved a 4 Star Charity Navigator rating for the 2nd consecutive year for our transparency and accountability.
We’ve also built many exciting new partnerships. If you donate between December 24th and December 31st, the AARP Foundation will match your donation up to $50,000. Donate now to double your impact!
Thank you for being a big part of our success this year.